True love


I have always believed that whatever happens, happens for a reason and as long as there is life, there is hope. There was a certain time when I almost gave up on a friend, not because I hated her or because I didn't want anything to do with her but because I felt I had reached my limit and could no longer be of help and support to her. Fortunately, I still continued, struggled to always be there for her, tried my best to see that I offered all I could. It wasn't by my strength and might because left to me alone, I would have backed out. There was always this push to do more, this desire to help always, help without thinking of getting anything in return. I did that out of genuine love for her, the kind of love our creator has for us, the kind of love that asks for nothing in return.


Yeah! It feels impossible, the thought of having someone who can sacrifice like that seems just like an imagination but I want to tell you something, a bitter and unbelievable truth is that people like that exist and true love exists. A friend once asked me what I see as love, my only reply was sacrifice. He understood why I said so but he wasn't satisfied with that answer, why? It is because love, true love is more than sacrifice. He referred me to a Bible passage which part of it says," even though I offer my body to be burnt but have no love in me", he asked me again," how can someone who gave his body to be burnt for another's sake but have no love in him?" This is a very big, simple and interesting question. It was after he made this statement that I told him that asking someone to define love is like asking him to define God.  He cut me off there and said it me," love and lust can sacrifice but there's a difference in the two and that is God". He that does not have God in him does not have love, love without God is lust and that is the love of the world.


The world has become so bad that it has become so difficult to believe good people exist and made it hard to identify them. Don't give up on yourself, love yourself. Make it a habit to look in the mirror everyday and tell yourself, I am beautiful, courageous, smart, kind, successful and so on, even if its hard to believe so. Just say it out and remember that apart from God, only you can love yourself the most.

_uptoyou_

Comments

Post a Comment

Do you have any questions, suggestions, complaints, ideas or something you want me to talk about... just put it down in the comment box.
Thanks

Popular Posts